Situated in the famous Anglo Zulu Battlefields, Kwa Zulu Natal is a celebration of the rich cultural heritage of the Zulu nation. This is expressed in the magnificent beehive structure of the bedrooms which offer spectacular views over the rugged 2000 hectare Isibindi Eco Reserve. This intimate 6 room lodge offers comfortable accommodation, good home cooking & an authentic experience of this fascinating area. Game drives & walks are offered on the reserve which is abundantly stocked with Plains Game. There are challenging roads for mountain bike enthusiasts to conquer on the reserve. Guests staying 2 nights or longer get to enjoy a Boma Dinner, and Zulu Cultural Experience of traditional dancing and stick fighting. Day trips to the battle sites of Isandlwana and Rorke’s Drift are a must.
Closest main Airport
- Travel time by road from the closest major city: Regional and international flights land at KSIA north of Durban. It is a 4.5-hour drive from the airport to the lodge.
- Contact Reservations to inquire about lodge transfers.
No. of rooms
- Air Conditioning
- Overhead Fans
- Shower Towels
- Mosquito Nets
- Hair Dryer
- Tea/Coffee making facilities
Price of rooms
R2080 – R2970 per person per night.
- Inclusive of accommodation, meals, teas & coffees, one daily game drive or walk and a Zulu Boma Dinner on a 2-night stay.
- Each guest is entitled to 1 of the following on an evening game drive, a glass of wine, local beer, cider or soft drink.
- Zulu Explorer – 2 nights & Zulu homestead visit Package #21 From: R4170 pp sharing.
- This special package CANNOT be combined with any other special or discount.
- Wi-Fi ( limited and intermittent)
- Swimming Pool
- Laundry Service
- Game drives
- Guided or unguided walks
- Mountain Bike trails (bring your own bike)
- Bird Watching
- Zulu Boma Dinner – minimum 2-night stay
- Zulu Homestead visit – additional charge
- Battlefield Tours – additional charge
- Clay Pigeon Shooting – additional charge
- Comfortable, casual & cool, swimwear, hats & sandals, neutral colours – summer.
- All weather windbreaker/warm jacket & comfortable sturdy walking shoes.
- Smart casual wear for dinner.
Restaurant & Dining
- No Restaurant – the rate is fully inclusive of meals.
- Breakfast: 08:00 – 10:00
- Lunch: 13:00 – 14:00
- Dinner: 19:00 – 21:00
- Tea: 16:00
- Check-in / out times: 12h00 & 10h00
- Malaria: No malaria
- All major credit cards are accepted
- Big 5 – No
- June–Sept excellent game viewing.
- Oct-Jan many species give birth so the best time to view baby animals Flowering season for trees, shrubs & wildflowers.
- Feb-April excellent birding.
ADDRESS & CONTACT DETAILS
Isibindi Zulu Lodge, Isibindi Eco-Lodge, Elandskraal, Kwa-Zulu Natal
Reservations: +27 (0) 35 474 1473
Lodge Direct Phone: +27 (0) 34 642 1620 / +27 (0) 76 092 2898
Emergency Number: +27 (0) 35 474 1473 / +27 (0) 60 972 4810