3-Night Wilderness Trails Experience
2019 Trail Dates:
13 – 16 February 2019
21 – 24 March 2019
25 – 28 April 2019
16 – 19 May 2019
13 – 16 June 2019
04 – 07 July 2019
08 – 11 August 2019
19 – 22 September 2019
24 – 27 October 2019
21 – 24 November 2019
COST: R4025 per person.
Immerse yourself in the African bush for a few days and come away with not only more knowledge on how intricately entwined nature is but having created space for personal growth.
All three nights are spent at the comfortably equipped Bhejane Zululand Trails Camp outside of Pongola where trailists are housed in comfortable 2-bed tents. The camp has a communal ablution facility with hot and cold water as well as flushing toilets. Cell phone coverage is intermittent, and trailists are encouraged to avoid using these devices as much as possible so as not to be distracted from the beauty and quiet of your surroundings.
- 3-nights’ accommodation in two-man canvas dome tents.
- Comfortable( off the ground ) single beds with sheet and duvet/blanket.
- Transport from Reserve Gate. Private vehicles are left in a secure area at the main gate.
- All meals and refreshments. (3 Meals per day, Snacks on Trail)
- All activities on the itinerary.
- Small day backpack to carry personal items, water and or snacks while on the trail
- Own Toiletries – enviro-friendly, biodegradable
- Binoculars, Cameras,
- Sleeping Bags and Pillows.
- Water bottle
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Slops, sandals for use around camp
- Hat, Sunglasses and sunblock
- Sufficient Neutral coloured clothing for the duration of the trail
- Swimming Costume ( optional )
- Rain Coat
- Torch / Headlamp with spare batteries
- Power packs for charging cell phones
- Warm wind-proof jacket
- Insect repellent
- Small personal medical kit with personal medicines
- Nature books ( optional )
- Pen and paper ( optional )
|Day 1 |
|11h00 – Arrive at KwaZulu Gate|
|Game Drive en route to Camp|
|Camp and Reserve Orientation Briefing|
|Lunch and Rest Break|
|Back to camp for Dinner|
|Day 2 – 3 |
Friday to Saturday
|Early Morning Walk ( approx. 3 – 4 hrs )|
|Brunch at approx. 10h00|
|Return to camp for Lunch|
|Afternoon Game Walk or Drive|
|Dinner back at Camp|
|Day 4 |
|Early Morning Walk ( approx. 3 hrs )|
|11h00 – Departure from Camp back to KwaZulu Gate|
|11h30 – Depart for home from KwaZulu gate|
All trails must have a minimum of six participants otherwise Wildside Trails Co. reserves the right to cancel the trail. If a trail is canceled by Wildside Trails Co., either a full refund will be given, or trailists will be given the option to book for a future date.
A maximum of eight trailists are allowed to participate.
We will do all possible to accommodate special dietary requests however this cannot be guaranteed due to the remote location of the camp.
Where possible each
Three to Six weeks before departure = R1000 cancellation fee
Less than Three weeks before departure = R3000 cancellation fee