TINTSWALO LAPALALA WILDERNESS
Situated only 300km from Johannesburg, Tintswalo Lapalala Wilderness lies in the heart of 44 500 hectares of untouched wilderness. The sheer expanse of the vast, game-rich reserve offers seclusion and a multitude of unique experiences. The family-friendly lodge comprises of only seven luxury tented suites with private plunge pools, en-suite bathrooms and outdoor baths and showers, and includes a 2-bedroom family tented suite. Raised above the surrounding bushveld on sprawling wooden decks, the eco-friendly lodge presents a sustainable wilderness and safari experience in the lap of luxury, with daily game drives and guided bush walks. 27km of pristine river frontage presents the unique opportunity to fish the crystalline mountain waters or swim in the bubbling rapids. More relaxing pursuits include sundowner cruises and riverside picnics, birdwatching and stargazing and spa treatments, as well as the option of
- South -23.859995
- East 28.2820057
Closest main airport
- Johannesburg OR Tambo or Lanseria
- Vaalwater has a small airstrip for private planes
Closest major city
Pretoria is a 3h30 drive.
No. of rooms
Eight (7 separate rooms, 8 suites)
2 x superior luxury tents
1 x family suite (two
2 x family luxury tents
2 x luxury tents
no wifi in the room
private pools per suite
outside shower (except family suite)
Average price of rooms
LOW SEASON (16 Jan to 15 March 2019)
Luxury Tents from R7 200 per person sharing
HIGH SEASON (16 March to 30 June 2019 // 1 Sept to 30 Nov 2019)
Luxury Tents from R 8 900 per person sharing
Game drives twice a day, all meals, selection of house drinks, activities such as hiking, fishing and viewing bushman paintings.
Please check directly with lodge
List of facilities/activities available for guests
- swimming pool
- small library
- curio shop
Restaurant & Dining
- How many restaurants; one
- What types of Food; our food philosophy is: Fresh, wholesome, farm to fork.
- Meal Times
- Breakfast after game drive _8-9AM
- Lunch at 13h00
- Afternoon tea at 15h30
- Dinner at 19h00
With more snacks offered
- Are their set times and menus for children’s meals; there are kids meals available, typical foods that kids enjoy, like
pastasand pizzas and fresh fruit
Guests should bring
Natural clothing for bush activities, some hiking shoes, hat, sunscreen, and of course a camera
- Gate closes at
6pm, opens at 6am.
- The Waterberg Biosphere is one of 500 UNESCO-recognised biosphere reserves on the planet, and is the only savannah biosphere reserve in the world!
Uniquegame like Sable, Rhone and black Rhino in addition to the big five.
- Lapalala is essentially an adventure Safari destination with many unusual activities such as sundowner cruise, fly fishing along the Palala river, sleep out decks, walking with qualifies guides, viewing the breeding program of endangered species, viewing of the
well preservedbushman paintings and visiting the Iron Age site Malaria free, family friendly
- Visit the community project of the Wilderness school which has educated over 70,000 children of all colour and creed in the legacy of nature conservation over the last 30 years.
ADDRESS & CONTACT DETAILS
TINTSWALO LAPALALA WILDERNESS
Central reservations: 011 300 8888 // Lodge numbers: 014 755 4947 OR 087 802 3511