RHINO POST SAFARI LODGE
Enjoy our relaxed, friendly atmosphere, and let us show you Africa’s heartbeat.
Experience responsible, eco-conscious tourism, luxurious affordable accommodation, and staggering biodiversity, including the highly publicised big five. Enjoy our relaxed, friendly atmosphere, and let us show you Africa’s heartbeat.
Rhino Post Safari Lodge, 30km from Skukuza in the Kruger National Park borders the famous Mala Mala Game Reserve. Twice daily, on road, game drives conducted on both the private concession and in the Kruger Park offer excellent game viewing.
Set on the banks of a riverbed this 16-bed lodge has 8 canvas, wood and thatch bush suites positioned with impressive views of the riverbed from the bathroom, outdoor shower and patio deck.
On our doorstep, is Plains Camp, from where exclusive walking safaris are conducted. An additional activity is a Sleep Out experience in a tree house under the stars.
- S24 55,241
- E31 39,347
Closest main airport
- The nearest domestic air post is Skukuza airport only 30 minutes away from Rhino Post Safari Lodge in the Kruger Park. The next is Nelspruit which is 2 ½ hours from Rhino post safari lodge
Closest major city
- Self Drive
Rhino Post can be reached by normal 2 x 4 vehicles. The most direct gate to enter is the Paul Kruger Gate, however depending on where you are coming from, there other gates to choose from. Please advise reservations which gate guests will enter to avoid additional park fees being charged. Maps, drive times and gate closing times are available on request.
Travel time from the major cities
Johannesburg – approx. 6.5 hours with a quick coffee stop.
Nelspruit KMIA – approx. 2.5 hours
Paul Kruger Gate – approx. 1 hour
No. of rooms
6 twin (2 convertible to double)
- Ceiling fan
- En-suite bathroom
Average price of rooms
1 April 2018 to 30 April 2018
1 May 2018 to 31 July 2018
1 August 2018 to 30 April 2019
- Meals (brunch, high tea & dinner)
- Teas & coffees
- 2 game drives per day
February – Bring a friend for free (Limited rooms available Excludes park fees & drinks at Rhino Post)
Pay 3 Stay 4 – 1 May – 30 June 2018 (Available on all bookings Excludes park fees & drinks at Rhino Post)
All honeymooners receive a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine on arrival, a private dinner and a romantic turn down at no extra charge.
List of facilities/activities available for guests:
- Emergency Air horns
- Gowns and Slippers
- Adaptors including international plug points and USB ports
- Flash Light
- Insect Repellant
- Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Lotion and Shower Cap
- Laundry Service “basic wash, dry and fold”
- Overhead fans
- Tea and Coffee Station
- Electric Safe
- Mini Bar
- Mosquito Nets
- Private Deck
- Outdoor Shower
- Free limited WI-FI near the reception area
- Swimming Pool
Restaurant & Dining
- No restaurants nearby, all meals are prepared served at the lodge
Guests should bring
- Year-round – Comfortable, casual, cool, cotton bush wear
- warm jacket/windbreaker
- comfortable shoes
- smart casual wear for dinner
- Summer – Swimwear, hats & sandals
- Other – Sunscreen, binoculars, cameras, spare batteries, lip cream, contact lens solution, spare glasses, reference books
The Kruger is situated in a malaria area. One if the best ways to avoid contracting malaria is not to be bitten, so use the insect repellents provided by the lodge, generously and often. Long sleeves and light colours are recommended anti-malaria prophylactics be taken, these will be recommended by your general practitioner or personal physician.