Rhino Ridge Safari Lodge was built in the Hluhluwe iMfolozi Park and cooperates closely with the Park in the conservation of its large population of white rhino. Come and celebrate this uniqueness in exclusive luxury at Rhino Ridge Safari Lodge, which offers exceptional safari experiences in the heart of Big 5 territory. Rhino Ridge was constructed in 2014, a Lodge of contemporary design with overtones of organic forms utilizing natural finishes and materials. Rhino Ridge is part-owned by the local Mpembeni Community. It offers 18 rooms nestled in natural bush high up on the ridge with commanding views of the landscape. The rooms comprise of 8 villas, 2 honeymoon suites, 4 safari rooms and 2 family units with 2 bedrooms each. The National Empowerment Fund (NEF) has invested R20.5m towards the project on behalf of the Mpembeni Community Trust. The NEF, the private promoter and the Mpembeni Community Trust each have an equal shareholding of 33.3% in Rhino Ridge Safari Lodge.
- S 24°55’26.00″
- E 31°39’34.00″
Closest main Airport
- Nearest Airport : Richards Bay – 1hr 45min transfer to lodge
Travel times by Road from closest major city
- Accessible in a 2×4 vehicle
- Travel time by road from the closest major city: Durban – 3hr 30min transfer to Lodge
Gate times: HLUHLUWE-IMFOLOZI PARK
- Winter March – October 6 am open 6 pm close
- Summer Nov – Feb 5 am open 7 pm close
No. of rooms
- 8 Luxury Bush Villas
- 2 Honeymoon Villas
- 4 Safari Rooms
- 2 Safari Family Rooms
- Air Conditioning
- Overhead Fans
- Bath ( in villas only )
- Mosquito Nets
- Hair Dryer
- Tea/coffee making facilities
Price of rooms
- Accommodation, meals, teas & coffees and game drives.
- Drinks and park fees are excluded.
- Bush walks available at additional cost.
- Each guest is entitled to 1 of the following on an evening game drive, glass of wine, local beer, cider or soft drink.
- Yes – Visit this website: www.isibindi.co.za
List of Facilities/ Activities available for guests:
- Laundry service available (extra charge)
- Daily Game Drives (no children under 6 years)
- Kiddies Morning Drive can be arranged for 3-6-year-olds from 10am-12am
- Guided Safari Walks (additional charge)
- Bird Watching
- Spa (additional charge)
- Swimming Pool
- Yes in the main lodge only
- Wi-Fi can be slow & intermittent due to the satellite connection
No – Rate includes all meals.
- Breakfast: 7:30 – 10:00
- High Tea: 2:30 winter – 3:30 summer
- Dinner a la carte: 7:30 – 9:30
- Light Lunch – on request (additional charge)
- Comfortable, casual, cool, cotton bush wear of preferably neutral colours/bush tones.
- Hats, scarves, warm jacket/windbreaker year round.
- Swimwear, hats & sandals
- Comfortable sturdy walking shoes.
- Smart casual wear for dinner.
- Sunscreen, binoculars, cameras, spare batteries, lip cream, contact lens solution, spare glasses, reference books.
- Check-in/out times: 1pm & 11am
- Malaria – Low Risk
- Solar Power may be interrupted in times of high demand
- All major credit cards are accepted.
- Big 5 – Yes