Rhino Ridge Safari Lodge was built in the Hluhluwe iMfolozi Park and cooperates closely with the Park in the conservation of its large population of white rhino. Come and celebrate this uniqueness in exclusive luxury at Rhino Ridge Safari Lodge, which offers exceptional safari experiences in the heart of Big 5 territory. Rhino Ridge was constructed in 2014, a Lodge of contemporary design with overtones of organic forms utilizing natural finishes and materials. Rhino Ridge is part-owned by the local Mpembeni Community. It offers 18 rooms nestled in natural bush high up on the ridge with commanding views of the landscape. The rooms comprise of 8 villas, 2 honeymoon suites, 4 safari rooms and 2 family units with 2 bedrooms each. The National Empowerment Fund (NEF) has invested R20.5m towards the project on behalf of the Mpembeni Community Trust. The NEF, the private promoter and the Mpembeni Community Trust each have an equal shareholding of 33.3% in Rhino Ridge Safari Lodge.
HOW TO GET THERE
- S 24°55’26.00″
- E 31°39’34.00″
Closest main Airport
Airport :Richards Bay – 1hr 45min transfer to lodge
Travel times by Road from closest major city
- Accessible in a 2x4 vehicle
- Travel time by road from the closest major city: Durban – 3hr 30min transfer to Lodge
Gate times: HLUHLUWE-IMFOLOZI PARK
- Winter March – October 6 am open 6
- Summer Nov – Feb 5 am open 7
No. of rooms
18 – In order to
- 8 Luxury Bush Villas
- 2 Honeymoon Villas
- 4 Safari Rooms
- 2 Safari Family Rooms
- Air Conditioning
- Overhead Fans
- Bath ( in villas only )
- Mosquito Nets
- Hair Dryer
- Tea/coffee making facilities
Price of rooms
From R2360 –R4970 per person per night.
What does the rate include:
- Accommodation, meals, teas & coffees and game drives.
- Drinks and park fees are excluded.
- Bush walks available at additional cost.
- Each guest is entitled to 1 of the following on an evening game drive, glass of wine, local beer, cider or soft drink.
Are seasonal specials available?
- Yes – Visit this website: www.isibindi.co.za
List of Facilities/ Activities available for guests:
- Laundry service available (extra charge)
- Daily Game Drives (no children under 3 years)
- Kiddies Morning Drive can be arranged for 3-6-year-olds from 10am-12am
- Guided Safari Walks (additional charge)
- Bird Watching
- Spa (additional charge)
- Swimming Pool
- Day Trips to St Lucia – outsourced & need to be prebooked
- Day Trips to Zulu Cultural Village – outsourced & need to be prebooked
Is there Wi-Fi available in reception areas?
- Yes in the main lodge only
- Wi-Fi can be slow & intermittent due to the satellite connection
Is there a restaurant on the property?
No – Rate includes all meals.
- Breakfast: 7:30 – 10:00
- High Tea: 2:30 winter – 3:30 summer
- Dinner a la carte: 7:30 – 9:30
- Light Lunch – on request (additional charge)
What guests should bring
- Comfortable, casual, cool, cotton bush wear of preferably neutral
- Hats, scarves, warm jacket/windbreaker year round.
- Swimwear, hats & sandals
- Comfortable sturdy walking shoes.
- Smart casual wear for dinner.
- Sunscreen, binoculars, cameras, spare batteries, lip cream, contact lens solution, spare glasses, reference books.
Important Information guests should be aware of:
- Check-in/out times: 1pm & 11am
- Malaria – Low Risk
- Solar Power may be interrupted in times of high demand
- All major credit cards are accepted.
- Big 5 – Yes