ISIBINDI AFRICA TRAILS HOMESTAY
HomeStays are offered to both Rhino Ridge Safari Lodge guests and to outside visitors keen to share this authentic cultural experience.
HOW TO GET THERE
*Follow instructions given by reservations department
- Accessible in
- Nearest Airport:
Richards Bay – 1hr 45min transfer to lodge
- Travel time by road from the closest major city:
Durban – 3hr 30min transfer to Lodge
- Gate times:
Winter March – October
Summer Nov – Feb
No. of rooms
2 Rooms – 2 twin mattresses on the floor in each room. Bedding and towels are provided.
- Air Conditioning
- Overhead Fans
- Bath ( in villas only )
- Mosquito Nets
- Hair Dryer
- Tea/coffee making facilities
Price of rooms
What does the rate include
What does the rate include:
- Certain drinks
- Cattle Herding with the father of the homestead
- Basket Weaving, handcrafts and traditional Zulu mat making (cansi)
- Traditional Zulu Beer tasting
- Walk through the community
- Cultural sharing around open _re (weather permitting)
Is there Wi-Fi available?
No. Limited cell phone signal
What types of Food?
Traditional home cooked dinner and breakfast consisting of porridge (
What guests should bring/dress code:
- Comfortable, casual & cool, cotton bush wear.
- Hats, scarves, warm jacket/windbreaker year round. Comfortable sturdy walking shoes.
Important Information guests should be aware of:
- Check-in/out times: 1 pm & 11 am
- Malaria – Low-Risk
- Solar Power may be interrupted in times of high demand
- All major credit cards are accepted
- Big 5 – Yes