ISIBINDI AFRICA TRAILS HOMESTAY
HomeStays are offered to both Rhino Ridge Safari Lodge guests and to outside visitors keen to share this authentic cultural experience.
HOW TO GET THERE
*Follow instructions given by reservations department
- Accessible in 2x4 vehicle
- Nearest Airport:
Richards Bay – 1hr 45min transfer to lodge
- Travel time by road from the closest major city:
Durban – 3hr 30min transfer to Lodge
- Gate times:
Winter March – October 6am open 6pm close
Summer Nov – Feb 5am open 7pm close
No. of rooms
- Electric light
Price of rooms
What does the rate include
What does the rate include:
- Certain drinks
- Cattle Herding with the father of the homestead
- Basket Weaving, handcrafts and traditional Zulu mat making (cansi)
- Traditional Zulu Beer tasting
- Walk through the community
- Cultural sharing around open fire (weather permitting)
No. Limited cell phone signal
Traditional home cooked dinner and breakfast consisting of porridge (phutu – maizemeal), hard boiled eggs, fruit, and yogurt. Traditional Zulu Beer, water, and Soft Drinks in the evening.
- Comfortable, casual & cool, cotton bush wear.
- Hats, scarves, warm jacket/windbreaker year round. Comfortable sturdy walking shoes.
Important Information guests should be aware of:
- Check in at Rhino Ridge Safari Lodge from
- Malaria – Low-Risk
- No credit cards – no payment at Home Stays it is all pre-paid accommodationNo kids under 4 permitted