At the foot of the legendary Ghost Mountain in Mkuze, northern KwaZulu lies the privately owned, 4 Star Ghost Mountain Inn. This intimate and beautiful hotel is the ideal location from which to explore the game and coastal reserves of Zululand and the Elephant Coast. Discover the abundance of wildlife and scenic splendours of this rich and diverse region during game drives and walks in uMkhuze and Hluhluwe game reserves, boat cruises and tiger fishing on Lake Jozini as well as cultural and scenic safaris all in the company of knowledgeable rangers. Be pampered with an African inspired spa treatment or relax around newly added pool set within the glorious indigenous gardens. Ideally located for those travelling between Kruger Park, Swaziland, Durban, and Mozambique.
HOW TO GET THERE
S 27°36’49.3014″ / E 32°2’7.4508″
Closest Main Airport:
- King Shaka International Airport (300km/3 hrs)
- Richards Bay (150km/1.5 hrs)
Travel times by Road from the closest major city:
- Durban – 300km (3 hrs)
- Johannesburg- 500 km (5.5 hrs)
A subtropical climate with hot, humid, wet summers (September to April) and warm to cool, dry winters (May to August). Rainfall averages about 1,000mm/39” PA. Much of the rainfall comes in the form of short, intense afternoon thunderstorms. Rain can be expected 12 months of the year. Daytime temperatures in summer may rise above 35°C/95°F. Nights in winter rarely drop below 10°C/50°F.
BEST TIME TO TRAVEL
TYPE OF ACCOMMODATION
- 22 Standard Rooms (25 m2 )
- 19 Superior Rooms ( 30 m2)
- 7 Garden Rooms = 8m x 4.2m = 34 m2)
- 1 Garden Room Wheelchair Friendly = (34 m2)
- 20 Mountain View room = (46 m2)
- 1 Mountain View Wheelchair Friendly = (49 m2)
- 1 Junior Suite =( 77 m2)
- 1 Obonjeni =( 122 m2)
- 1 Gaza Suite = (150 m2)
- 1 Tshaneni Suite = (132 m2)
- Private Patios
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Complimentary bottle of mineral water on arrival
- Complimentary access to Spa
- Tea and Coffee making Facilities
- LED Satellite Television
- Air conditioning, Fans, and heating
- Hair Dryers
- Non-smoking rooms
- In-room Safes and Mini Bars
- Twice Daily Housekeeping Service
FACILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Spa Safaris
- 2 x Swimming Pools
- Lounge Bar
- Terrace areas
- Gift shop
- Wifi – Yes
- Restaurant – Yes
- Seasonal menus offering the freshest local ingredients combined with traditional favorites are served in the dining room, outdoors on the terrace or under the warm African sky in our traditional boma.
- Meal Times
Breakfast: 06h30 – 09h30
Lunch 11h00 – 17h00
Dinner 18h30 – 21h00
- Room Service: 06h30 – 21h00
- Roy’s Bar: 09h00 – LATE
- From R875
ppsBed and Breakfast
- From R1900
ppsfor an all-inclusive package with Dinner, Accommodation, Breakfast and a local safari or spa treatment
- There are various specials advertised through the year, available on the website.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
WHAT TO PACK
A few packing suggestions include:
- Light cotton trousers, cotton shorts, light cotton shirts (long and short sleeved)
- Comfortable walking shoes, sandals
- Rain jacket/windbreaker, fleece
- Insect repellent, torch, camera (telephoto lens recommended) and binoculars
- Bathing suit, sun hat, suntan lotion, sunglasses
- For winter, pack an extra warm jacket, woolen hat, scarf, and gloves.
- Batteries, sunscreen and safari wear can be bought from our gift shop.
- Children are welcome to join safaris but need to be above the age of 16 on dangerous game walks.
- Unique activities such as grubby bug walks are available.
- Children over the age of 16 are welcome to use the spa.
- Children’s menu and babysitters are available.
- Games room and jungle gym.
ADDRESS & CONTACT DETAILS
Fish Eagle Road, Mkuze, KwaZulu Natal
Tel: +27 (0)35 573 1025