Private and Peaceful!
Private and peaceful, a bird lover’s paradise bounded by wildlife, here you will find the best of Africa’s natural offerings from a seasonal beach and flooded marshes to lush wetlands and open grasslands.
Breathtaking Chundu Island, accessible by boat, is only 21kms upstream from Zimbabwe’s legendary Victoria Falls. Eight spacious palm thatched en-suite rooms, each with their own private deck and a perfect view of the Zambezi, are nestled beneath the magnificent riverine trees.
Chundu is perfectly positioned to provide guests with prime access to the Zambezi National Park, where 4×4 safaris soak up the sights and sounds of the African bush. Enjoy the wealth of the bush and Zambezi River with walking trails, river cruises and fishing.
.Chundu provides the perfect foil to the bustling town’s excitement. Maximize the flight to Victoria Falls and enjoy the peace and privacy of island living, canoeing and sunset cruises as well as game drives and bush walks.
- Fly-in to Victoria Falls Airport (25 minute road transfer to Zambezi National Park Gate) or Livingstone Airport (1 hour road transfer depending on border crossing). From Zambezi National Park Gate, you’ll transfer by Road to Chundu Island Jetty (1 hour 10 minute transfer in either an airconditioned or a game viewing vehicle as per available vehicles), plus a 5 minute boat trip to the island.
- Self driveChundu Island jetty is accessible by 4 x 4 vehicles. Guests will be met by Chundu staff for a short ferry across the river to the island. From the gate it takes approximately an hour and 10 minutes to the water’s edge. Check in is from 13h00. The most direct gate to enter is the Zambezi National Park Gate, however if coming from the Kazangula border, there is access via an earlier entrance. Please advise reservations as to guests arrival details. Maps, drive times and gate closing times are available on request.
No. of rooms
- 6 Riverside suites
- 2 Family suites
- Emergency Air Horn
- Rubber Sandals
- Adaptors including international plug points and USB ports
- Flash Light
- Insect Repellant
- Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Lotion and Shower Cap
- Laundry Service “basic wash, dry and fold”
- Overhead fans
- Tea and Coffee Tray
- Electricity 220v/solar
- Outdoor Shower outdoor
- Mosquito nets
Average price of rooms
31 May 2018 – 19 Dec 2018
High Season-1 Jun 2018 20 Dec 2018
31 Oct 2018 – 10 Jan 2019
Low Season-11 Jan 2019 1 Nov 2019
31 May 2019 – 19 Dec 2019
High Season-1 Jun 2019 20 Dec 2019
– 31 Oct 2019 – 10 Jan 2020
Included Activities (Dependent on availability): Canoeing, Sundowner Cruise, River Cruise, Morning & Evening Game Drives, Bushwalks, Fun Fishing, drop off and pick up from the Majestic Victoria Falls (excludes park entry fee and guided tour of the falls)
Pay 3 Stay 4 – 1 May – 30 June 2019 Available on all bookings Excludes park fees
Seolo Africa – Specials Additional discounts e.g long stay discounts CANNOT be used in conjunction with the specials listed below.
Honeymoons – All honeymooners receive a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine on arrival, a private dinner and a romantic turn down at no extra charge
- Overhead fans
- Swimming pool
- Electricity 220v/solar bath
- Shower outdoor
- Mosquito nets
- No internet access