A True Wellness Destination.
Brookdale Health Hydro is a tranquil haven bordered by forest, farmland and a meandering stream. Brookdale is not a spa attached to a hotel but a TRUE WELLNESS DESTINATION. At Brookdale relaxation is at the core of de-stressing. Our well qualified and professional staff deliver a high standard, focused on restoration and rejuvenation. Concentrating not only on pampering with the usual spa amenities and treatments, but also on exercise, healthy eating and stress relief, as well as education on all these topics. We are known for delicious and beautifully presented cuisine. Three balanced meals as well as healthy morning and afternoon snacks are served daily. Brookdale offers 2, 3, 4 and 6 night fully-inclusive stress relieving packages. We offer en-suite accommodation to suit individual tastes ranging from standard rooms to forest suites. Escape from the daily stresses, make a positive change and restore your well-being by taking that much needed “me time” vacation.
- 29˚22’462” S
- 30˚ 00’691
Closest main airport
- Durban King Shaka International Airport
- Oribi Regional Airport – Pietermaritzburg
Closest major city
Durban ( approximately 90 minutes away
Pietermaritzburg ( approximately 45 minutes away )
Travel time from the major cities
Johannesburg – approx. 6.5 hours with a quick coffee stop.
Durban – approx 1.5 hours
Pietermaritzburg – approx. 45 min
No. of rooms
Standard Room with TV
- Electric Blankets
- En-suite bathroom
- Heated Towel Rails
- Certain rooms have a TV with limited DSTV bouquet
Average price of rooms
3 Night Stay from R5 310 pp
4 Night Stay from R 7 080 pp
6 Night Stay from R10 620 pp
- 3 Meals per day
- Morning and Afternoon Snacks
- Morning Tea Tray delivered to your room
- Organic/herbal teas available all day
- Treatments specified for each specific package
- Informative Talks on Healthy Living
- Daily Guided Morning Walks
- Daily Acquacize classes
- Guided Relaxation Classes
- Yoga/ Pilates
- Make-up Demonstrations
- Use of all Facilities including indoor heated pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, outdoor pool, labyrinth, gym
- EARLY BIRD BOOKINGS
Book your stay 3 months in advance and receive a R500 Treatment Voucher to use during your stay.
Applies to 3 and 6 night stays only.
- BRING A FRIEND PROMO – MAY & NOVEMBER
Bring a friend along in the months of May and November and you both receive a Heavenly & Healthy
Cooking Demo – clean eating inspiration with tasters and take home recipes.
Applies to 3 & 6 night stays and both single & shared accommodation. Valid 6 – 26 May & 4 NovEMBER – 1 December 2018
TERMS & CONDITIONS APP
- Indoor heated pool
- Steam room
- Outdoor pool
Restaurant & Dining
- Rates include all meals
Guests should bring
- Warm Clothes & Summer Clothes
• Running Shoes
• Warm Jacket / Jersey
• Slippers & Slops
• Gym Clothes
NOTE: Our dress code is very casual.
Gowns and towels are supplied.
In winter, the temperature varies from
-2 to 22˚C midday, so please pack
2 night stays 1 Full Body Swedish Massage
3 night stays 1 Full Body Swedish Massage & 1 Express Facial
4 night stays 1 Full Body Swedish Massage, 1 Reflexology Session & 1 Express Facial
6 night stays 2 Full Body Swedish Massages, 1 Full Body Aromatherapy Massage & 1 Express Facial
Sunday : 14h15 – 16h15
Please note the hydro is closed on Saturday evenings and only re-opens on Sundays at 14h00, therefore check
in time is strictly 14h15. Regret no lunch is served on Sundays. Scheduling of treatments will begin on Monday.
Please feel free to kick-start your relaxation process on arrival by making use of the facilities.
Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday: 12h00 – 14h00
If you would like to have lunch which is served between 13h00 and 13h30, the cost is R70 per person, please
ensure you arrive by 12h00.
DEPARTURE Time: 10h00
• Bookings are essential and we require a 50% deposit on normal* bookings and a 100% deposit on
all special offer** bookings.
• Payments are due upon making bookings.
• We require cell & landline numbers, as well as email addresses for all bookings.
• If the deposit is not received by the stipulated date, the booking will be automatically cancelled.
• Additions or changes to bookings may not always be accommodated.
• In the case of a no show 100% of the deposit will be forfeited.
• In the case of a cancellation and the room not being resold:
1. 100% of the deposit will be forfeited should the booking be cancelled 48 hours or less prior to the arrival date.
2. 75% of the deposit will be forfeited should the booking be cancelled 48 hours to 7 days prior to the arrival date.
3. 50% of the deposit will be forfeited should the booking be cancelled 7 to 14 days prior to the arrival date.
• Deposits for bookings cancelled, where the room is resold, will be held in full for a future booking or refunded to you.
An admin fee of 10% will be charged on any refunds processed.
• Deposits for bookings cancelled 14 days and more prior to your arrival date will be held in full for a future booking
or refunded to you. An admin fee of 10% will be charged on any refunds processed.
• Gift vouchers are only exchangeable for stays/treatments/products and may not be redeemed for cash.
• Gift vouchers are valid for three years from date of issue.
• Prices are inclusive of VAT and are subject to change.
• No cash change will be given.
• Please safeguard your gift voucher as it cannot be replaced or any value thereon redeemed if lost or stolen.
• In order to redeem the voucher it must be brought in.
• Gift vouchers purchased are non refundable.
• Gift vouchers shall be deemed to be redeemed at the time that confirmation of the booking is received.
• Once redeemed, if the booking is cancelled, Brookdale Health Hydro reserves the right to charge a cancellation
penalty which will be levied as follows:
• *50% / **100% of the booking price will be forfeited should the booking be cancelled 48 hours or less prior to the arrival date.
• *25% / **75% of the booking price will be forfeited should the booking be cancelled 48 hours to 7 days prior to the arrival date.
• *12.5% / **50% of the booking price will be forfeited should the booking be cancelled 7 to 14 days prior to the arrival date.