BEVERLEY COUNTRY COTTAGES
Beverley Country Cottages offers you the choice of 4 stunning self-catering cottages and 2 comfortable B&B rooms, sleeping 24 in total, in the lush green hills of the Natal Midlands.
The cottages consist of the old Stables (
Owner managed by Kate and Garry Kelly, Beverley Country Cottages is situated in the beautiful Dargle Valley, part of the Midlands Meander, where activities abound! Dargle is an area South West of the N3 and is accessed from Lions River off the R103.
S 29°29′ 50.0″ & E 29°58′ 21.0’”
Closest Main Airport:
King Shaka International Airport
Closest Domestic Airport
- From the N3, take the Howick / Tweedie turn off
- Turn towards Tweedie
- Go under the railway bridge, at the T junction turn right on to the R103
- Carry on this road past the Belgium Chocolate place (very good!) and after Thokans Garage & store take the Hebron Haven/ Everglades/ Dargle/ Impendle turn off on your left. If you go past Piggly Wiggly/ St Ives, you have gone too far!
- Carry on this road for about 20kms, where you shall cross over the Umngeni River ( a small stream) and onto the dirt road for the last 3kms, winding your way up the hill. We are the first farm on your left, BEVERLEY FARM.
No. of rooms
- The Stables Cottage sleeps 6 in 3 en-suite bedrooms
- The Hayloft Cottage sleeps 2 in 1 en-suite bedroom
- The Dairy Cottage sleeps 4 in 2 en-suite bedrooms
- The Thatched House sleeps 6 in 3 en-suite bedrooms
- The Eagle Room sleeps 2 in 1 en-suite bedroom
- The Blue Room sleeps 2 in 1 en-suite bedroom
- Various sizes of Self Catering
- All have a lounge, a fireplace, dining space, kitchen/kitchenette, tea and coffee stations, DSTV, braai facilities, and veranda.
- No cottages have ceiling fans or air conditioning
- All Cottages have heaters
- All Cottages receive free WiFi
- The Eagle Room has a sitting area with a couch and DSTV, a mini bar fridge, a tea and coffee station with fresh farm milk, an en-suite bathroom (shower & Bath) and a shared veranda.
- The Blue Room slightly smaller than the Eagle room, has DSTV, a mini bar fridge, a tea and coffee station with fresh farm milk, an en-suite bathroom and a shared veranda with the Eagle Room with braai facilities.
Price of rooms
- Low season for adults: R 575
- Low season for kids under 12: R 287.50
- High season for adults: R 625
- High season for kids under 12: R 312.50
- High Season dates: 19 April 2019 – 22 April
2019 ;14 December 2019 – 10 January 2020
- Cottages, serviced daily, fully functional self-catering cottages, braai facilities, firewood, Tea & Coffee facilities with a welcome jug of fresh farm milk & homemade butter cookies!
- B&B rooms receive breakfast inclusive in their rates. Tea & Coffee facilities & a daily jug of fresh farm milk along with our homemade butter cookies.
- No seasonal specials
- 10% Pensioners discount
- 10% Long stay discount (4 days or more)
- Small Farm stall with locally produced goods such as fresh Jersey milk, pork products etc
- We offer a laundry service @ R150/load
- Pony rides
- Guinea fowl, chicken, and cattle & calf interaction
- Tennis court
- Beautiful grounds to roam around
- Available free of charge in reception & rooms/cottages
- No restaurant
- Offer breakfasts @ R 105 and dinners @ R 145 to all guests
- No set meal times within reason and no set menu
- Kiddies meals are half price
Guests are to bring
Self-catering guests should bring their own foodstuffs & beverages.
We live 3km on a gravel road.