STUARTS’ FIELD GUIDE TO THE LARGER MAMMALS OF AFRICA
CHRIS & MATHILDE STUART
At least 1 200 mammals occur in Africa. Stuarts’ Field Guide to the Larger Mammals of Africa concentrates on the more visible and easily distinguished larger species, as well as some of the more frequently seen smaller mammals.
This new edition has been extensively revised, expanded and redesigned and includes:
- the most recent research and taxonomy
- revised distribution maps and many new images
- colour-coded grouping of orders
- size icons
- detailed descriptions of each species, offering insight into key
- identification characters, typical behaviour, preferred habitat,
- food choice, reproduction and longevity
- a new section on whales and dolphins
Chris and Mathilde Stuart are the accomplished and respected authors of a range of books on African mammals, wildlife and conservation, as well as scientific papers and popular articles. Much of their time is spent travelling the world, searching for wild mammals and promoting their conservation.
ISBN: 978 1 77584 274 3| RRP: R 370.00